MaKami College Food Drive 2019
All Donations will be going to MaKami College Students in need this holiday season.
This contest is for a great cause and runs from November 12 - December 10, 2019.
The class with the most donations will win bragging rights for the year with their class picture on the wall of the SSC, as well as a class treat when we return back from the holiday break.
More details have been sent to your MaKami student email, but if you have any questions please contact the front desk.
Acceptable items for donation:
- canned fruits, vegetible and meats
- canned/dried soups or soup stock
- dry beans, rice, quinoa and pasta
- peanut butter, or other nut butters
- oats, oatmeal, cereals
- packaged nuts and seeds
- shelf-stable, milk and milk substitutes
- popcorn, chips, jerky, candy
- cookies, crackers
- dried fruits
- sealed juice boxes
- sealed sauces and condiments
- baking supplies
- coffee, tea
- grocery gift cards
- sealed, shelf-stable babyfood
- diapers, baby wipes
- toothpaste and toothbrushes
- shampoo, conditioner and body wash
- paper towel, toilet paper, kleenex (tissues)
- dish soap
- laundry detergent
- light cleaning products
- pet food and supplies
Cash donations will also be accepted and used to purchase food or personal items that will be added to your class donation box.
We CANNOT accept any clothing donations at this time
Please avoid any personalized household items or decor
DO NOT donate frozen items, dair, fresh produce, meat, or expired items
If you would benefit from receiving a food basket this holiday season, please speak to your SAS Administrator. Baskets will be available from December 16-20 for pickup. Please let us know if you have any babies/children or pets when requesting a basket.
Deadline to request a basket is December 3, 2019.